to post messages and open threads you have to be a registered user of scifinet.org. For English-only users who will be confronted with a lot of German text, here's a short instruction of how to register:
- In the pink line on top of the page click on "Registrierung"
- First a text window will open explaining the general rules of the SF-Netzwerk forums. You have to agree with these rules in order to register. To do so click the check button next to "Ich habe den vorstehenden Text zur Kenntnis genommen und erkläre mich mit den Bedingungen einverstanden!" which means "I have read the above text and agree with the conditions". Click on "Registrieren" then.
(I will post a translation of the general rules in this thread as soon as I can.)
- A form will open, on the left side of which are required entries. First type in the name which you will use for login ("Anmelde Mitgliedsname"). This will usually be your real name. Then choose a name that will be used for your postings in this forum ("Anzeigenamen"). This can be a nickname but for the purpose of the forum I propose that if you use a nickname, it should at least be similar to your real name.
- Choose a password that you type into "Wähle Dein Passwort" and type a second time into "Passwort bestätigen" (confirm password).
- In the field below this type in your e-mail address and confirm it in "E-Mail-Adresse bestätigen"
- To prevent softbots from registering as users and posting spam, each new user has to do a security check ("Sicherheitsüberprüfung"). Type the two words that appear slightly distorted in the white field into the yellow-rimmed field below.
- The entries on the right side are not required and you can leave them as they are, if you like. In the first field you can choose if you want to receive e-mails by scifinet admins ("Empfange E-Mails vom Administrator") and/or by users ("Empfange E-Mails von anderen Mitgliedern ").
- In the next field you can select the time zone you are in.
- With the next six fields you can give other users an impression of your current interests. You may enter
- the book you are currently reading ("(Buch) gerade am lesen")
- the book you want to read next ("(Buch) als nächstes geplant")
- the last book you have bought ("(Buch) Neuerwerbung")
- the film you have just seen ("(Film) gerade gesehen")
- the film you plan to see next ("(Film) als nächstes geplant")
- the last film you have bought ("(Film) Neuerwerbung")
- You will receive an e-mail with a link that you have to follow to complete the registration procedure. If you like I can translate the e-mail for you which repeats the terms and conditions of scifinet.org.
- After registration click on "Anmelden" on top to log in. You will be asked to type in your "Anmelde Mitgliedname" and your password. You are free now to post messages.
The use of the forum, I think, is self-explanatory and should be easily figured out even without German reading knowledge.
If you have questions, please send me a personal message or an e-mail. I will try my best to confuse you completely
Bearbeitet von yiyippeeyippeeyay, 01 April 2011 - 23:33.